Social Media Profiling Index (SMPI)
Who are you about to employ?
SMPI is a rapid cutting edge service predominantly used for pre-employment analysis of a person’s social media activity and online footprint together with verification of the personal and professional details provided in their CV. Other uses include assessing a person’s online footprint for security purposes.
In other words, does your applicant's CV or employee match up to their behaviour on social media? In many cases we have found they do not and referencing their true behaviours can avoid countless problems. For example, would you want a fraudster working in your cash accounting department or an extremist working in a secure zone? SMPI helps you mitigate these risks
- You are a high end jewellery retailer and the prospective employee’s personal details such as address, family, children’s school, daily routine and vehicle(s) are easily obtainable from their social media profiles.
- Is the prospective employee who they say they are? Has identity been fully validated?
- Are the qualification and experience stated in their CV genuine?
- Could the lifestyle and/or online activity of the prospective employee cause reputational damage or worse to your company?
Recent cases have included the identification of a convicted paedophile using a pseudo name, activists and many of those posting obscene and violent material.
How does it work?
The client is provided with secure access to our SMPI portal where they can enter personal and contact details of the applicant(s) for verification and analysis.
Level 1 SMPI
Using our suite of cutting edge cyber analysis tools (link to OSCAR & Seeker) we rapidly identify social media profiles, websites, domains and other open source content linked to the subject by analysing their name, address, email and telephone numbers etc. Our systems can conduct this research, quicker, in more depth and with more accuracy than a human.
Furthermore we attempt to verify their personal details such as date of birth, address and career/educational history.
To mention just a few social media sites our systems automatically search, analyse and graph:
30+ other Social Media sites
- Land Registry
- Electoral Register
- IP Addresses
- Company Registries (UK & Abroad)
- Deep Web
Our experienced investigators and analysts then review the findings identified assessing and scoring them for various factors such as inappropriate content, exposure, privacy, nefarious activities including bullying and harassment. The client can also request specific content relevant to their business activities to be searched for and assessed.
All the findings are recording on the portal which generates a final client report.
Level 2 SMPI
A level 2 can be requested initially or as a follow up to the findings on a level 1.
A level 2 typically includes:
- A further in-depth analysis and assessment of potential risks identified in the level 1
- Media searches
- Conflict of Interest including company registry searches
- Client specific requests
- Deep web searches
A level 3 is our full cyber analysis service which can be requested at any stage.